What We Do
Opening its doors on October 31, 2010, Flying With Red Haircrow Productions is an educational and multimedia consultation company, with special focus on cultural and intercultural competency. Services include but are not limited to:
- Publishing (Many genres)
- Filmmaking (Editing, Producing, Participant, etc.)
- Academic and professional contracts and careers as a team member.
- Workshops/Lectures (For example: Cultural Competency, Indigenous Film, etc.). Please have the following information available: what format you are interested in, date(s), size of group, venue, and compensation statement.
- Educational Consultation (For example: Native/Indigenous Knowledge, Anti-Racism, etc.) Please have the following information available: what format you are interested in, date(s), size of group, venue, and compensation statement.
- Culinary, Indigenous/Ethnic cuisine and catering. Please have the following information available: date(s), size of group, type of dining, venue, and compensation statement.
We are also interested in publishing opportunities, film, music and/or collaboration with those who share our goals, interests and mission, as well as new possibilities. You’re welcome to contact us with all submission queries, proposals and questions.
For all queries and questions, please use our Contact Form.
Red Haircrow is award-winning writer/poet, educator, psychologist, and filmmaker of Native (Chiricahua Apache/Cherokee) and African American heritage, who holds a Master’s in Native American/Indigenous Studies, a Bachelor’s of Science in Psychology and counsels selectively. Their research focuses on Native and BIPOC intergenerational historic trauma, Autistic Spectrum Disorder, suicide prevention and GLBTIIQ needs.
Affiliations include membership, governance and support of Native and Indigenous Studies Association (NAIS), American Psychological Association (APA), 2017-2019 Secretary of the Native Research Network (NRN) Board of Directors, and 2019-2020 Committee Liaison for the Mentorship Program of SIP or the American Indian and Alaskan Native Society of Indian Psychologists.
Red is active in Native American education on culture, history, beliefs and current needs on both sides of the Atlantic, and advocacy to end racism, sexism and ableism that especially affects BIPOC, and which intersects with the fight for equity all minoritized and marginalized groups face. Visit their website for bibliography, videography and current projects www.redhaircrow.com.