When a #Kindergarten in #Germany says “No Indian Costumes” there’s a fuss, but Natives were ignored for years…
During this time of heightened interest and yelling about challenges to #Indianer costumes and Cultural Appropriation of #NativeAmericans in #Germany. Here are a few links to Red Haircrow’s past articles, interviews and/or commentary on these and related topics. INSTAGRAM post.
- Cowboys and Indianer in Exberliner Magazine.
- “Indianerfedern als Modeaccessoire-Hirnloser Trend oder bewusste Provokation?” PULS
- “Interview // Red Haircrow- “Verkleide ich mich etwa als Deutscher?”
- “Kulturelle Aneignung und koloniale Gewalt
Über „Cultural Appropriation“ kann nicht debattiert werden, ohne über koloniale Kontinuitäten zu sprechen.” In Missy Magazine
- “Dressing up as cowboys and Indians is big in #Germany” at GlobalPost
- “The Battle over an Ojibwe Scalp” at #video DW Deutsche Welle
- “A Star Trek Convention for Native Enthusiasts: Inside a German Pow-Wow” at Indian Country Today
- “Last of the Munichans– Inside Europe’s “Indianists” subculture.” Mother Jones with photos by Jen Osborne.
Photos are from the print version article received from stern for contribution to the article, “Im Wilden Osten” (2015). Original photos by Jen Osborne.
More links and articles are listed at website https://redhaircrow.com/articles/.